FRESH HUES

Thursday 12 April 2018




I can’t exactly remember the last time I sat down in front of my laptop and typed my thoughts to be shared on the net nor the last time I last called my friends to shoot content on the recent fashion piece I got— I can’t even remember the last time I blogged. 


To be honest, I was afraid that my passion in writing and interest in fashion was slowly fading. For the past months I have been only wearing (and kept on wearing and wearing) either a black or white shirt, jeans and my good ol’ Old Skool Vans or my Zara slip-ons. I mean there’s nothing wrong with dressing comfortably, but this was so unlike me. I struggled to find the opportunity to buy and dress up for the past months since school projects were piling up and there were a lot of things I needed to finish since I was graduating (finally from high school!). Fast forward, I was really happy to hear about a ball that our school was holding for us and took that opportunity to dress up and finally I’m saying this, here’s what I wore! 

You might not know this, but I am not the biggest fan of suits because my style lies primarily on smart streetwear, and when I think about suits, it’s just too formal for me! Anyhow, joining a ball entails one to be dressed really formally so it’s time to get creative! I thought first of going with a plain gray matching blazer and pants with side stripes, (of course) just because it was my “aesthetic” then. Yet I got a royal blue one instead just because I was fascinated to look bright at the night of the ball apart from almost everyone else wearing black. Now the funny thing here is that, 1 week before the actual event I rushed to the store and had my suit changed because of the thought that summer was actually coming and I wanted to wear something that’s both signifying an end of a semester and welcoming a new season! So I ended up with this sky blue shade blazer and pants! I mean, how summer can this one get with you wearing the colors of the coastlines! Hahaha kidding aside, I did originally partner this with a navy blue turtleneck to bring down the luminosity of my clothes during the ball, but for summer I chose to wear this with a plain white long sleeved dress shirt, a shirt or any piece particularly aimed to have the suit stand out more! For shoes, good ol oxfords can rock it but if you prefer to get a little bit edgy, I recommend to wear white sneakers, how much more summer can that get? 

There are a lot of things you thought would be only good during rainy or cold seasons such as pulling off a blazer with matching pants but trust me, it sometimes matters and varies with the color of what you’re wearing! I’m trying my best (no promises!!) to not wear dark clothes this summertime, though. Stay tuned and a huge thank you for reading until this part! See ya next time!









 














Wearing Zara PH
Photo credits: Eds Lamdagan

No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs