THE CEBU SAFARI

Sunday 6 May 2018




Headed up north of Cebu to experience another set of excitement, here's a photo diary of what I saw. 

Although I am not the most outgoing and adventurous person out there, the wilderness never fails to amaze me. It has been a goal of mine to go to Africa and experience the savannah or even to the amazon even I know I wouldn't survive for an hour or less (hahaha) but little did I expect that the things have been long written in my bucket list is already here in Cebu (well its not the exact one but I guess this will give me a heads up when I go there). A little bit of everything, a little bit of everyone's bucket list can be found in the Cebu Safari in Carmen Cebu. Here's what happened when I went there:


We rented a bus on the way to the place and it took us about 2 hours to get there from the southern part of cebu ( the place is at the north so that explains why the 2 hour ride) but I bet if you start from the metro it'll take less than such, alternative modes of transportation are available to get to the place so no worries! The place also accepts reservations for visitors as it has not fully opened to the public and only accepts a maximum of 200 visitors per day as of the moment so you're planning to go might as well call ahead.

Upon arriving to the place, what caught my attention first are these guys! I mean it wasn't even as second after thinking of what to expect and getting off the van when I was greeted by parrots, a lot of them!


After a couple minutes of briefing and riding the cart that takes you to the actual safari vicinity, you'll first see a dome which you might be asking what but its actually and aviary habitat where you'll see birds! And around that are we got to see a pony! 


Of course, an ootd shoot cant be missed hahahahaha


Actually, this shot was taken above these guys and trust me there's a lot more of them in the actual location and trust me it's a nightmare! Can you imagine these guys getting out during the night? Well they don't but WHAT IF!


MY FAVORITE PART
After the sight of the creepiest of all, the crocodiles and aligators, I was transported to Africa! I'll let the pictures talk for themselves...












Okay after the majestic joy ride and experience, we went down and met these cute tortoises, my spirit animal this summer to be honest, you know just sulking at the shade afraid of the sun.



Adjacent to the shy and timid creatures, was this silent beast. Btw, that's actually strong glass guarding him from the people so need not to be afraid, but this sight really got me. I mean you never know when a cheetah gets up and comes near, when I saw him he was just sitting as if planning something, creepy.


Heading down for lunch we happen to pass by the owner's hacienda which is #goalsaf for me so I took a picture haha I mean who doesn't want their house to be in the middle of the safari guarded by all these animals?

Before lunch I saw one of the animals I wanted to see for the longest time, giraffes! It's not every day you get to see one so I took the opportunity to take a lot of pictures and here are a few you'd might enjoy!



While eating lunch we met these guys too:






And its not just the animals who wants to be taken a picture of that day...


Okay so moving on, the later part of the day was scorching hot and we didn't get to see much of he birds because they were up high hiding from the heat, nonetheless this brave guy was resting closest to us so I managed to snap a pic.


Climbing up again, I saw these llamas who were happily taking a meal in their abode while greeting visitors.


A bit snob, but this ostrich also greeted us hahahaha


Aaaaand finally, my most awaited friend has came. THE WHITE TIGER! It's out of a million chances where a tiger is white and I'm so happy this guy decided to stay in this safari! It was around 1:30 when we got to the place and the keepers said he'd go out by 2 and so we waited. Trust me the wait was one of the longest period of my life as I was so eager to see him. And finally when he came out, it was just majestic!

3:00pm time for snacks so we headed down but before we grabbed a snack from the snack bar, we came across this flower garden also found in the safari. I mean if this safari doesn't take you to a lot of place, then you have thought wrong! 



Of course...






On the last stretch of our tour, the statues of the animals bid us farewell which are also the one who greeted us on the way up when we got to see the crocs (which I just posted this one here).



Hey. I hope I have motivated/inspired you to go as well to this place! It's really a must when visiting Cebu! See ya next time!

Photos taken by me via Fujifilm XT-20


No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs