SUMMER IN THE CITY

Sunday 17 June 2018



Plaid prints are making their way back to the scene this time! Summer for me this year, means seeing more building than trees, skylines rather that shores but exposed to the same amount of heat wherever, whenever. 

2017 was the year I went all out to any adventure I could possible go, from waterfalls, beaches, lakes, I was out and about to a lot of different places. No surprise this time that I have spent most of my time drenched with sweat, yes I know Cebu has been burning these past few months, rather than the pool nor running under sky high buildings rather than palm trees. Although this might have been, and still is, a very long summer for me I have picked up quite a couple of things this time that I ought I'd share.

Spending summer in the city isn't that bad, although you'd be at some point be jealous over the tons of beach and vacay snaps over social media, there are a lot of things you can do and enjoy! As for me, I decided to spend most of the time catching up, reconnecting with friends who most of them are leaving for uni outside Cebu/ Philippines. And by catching up I meant, lunch dates, watching movies and taking a whole lot of pics!

 

What to wear when spending most of your time in the city like I do? For starters since its the summer season for most of us, shorts and other summer pieces like button downs, loose tops, sandals are not to be pushed aside. More so, what really got me this time are plaid pieces, specifically pants! Apart from the athleisure craze happening, plaid tops, bottoms and even shoes and accessories are making their way back into the scene! And yes when spending time hustling around the busy streets you might want to consider these ones. Personally since I am a sucker for athleisure and streetwear, I paired and styled my plaids to make it less formal, a bit more casual or athletic (at some point) and then backed it up with my clout shades just to make it a bit of an all arounder.

Here's a lookbook with me, Gwyn and Ogie for our current faves this season!



 






 



































On Mark: Tee (Adidas) | Plaid Pants (Uniqlo) | Nike Triple White Huarache | Clouts (ig: @ shopnicolesyjuco) 

On Gwyn: Cami (Mango) | Coat (Bershka) | Boots (H&M)

On Ogie: Watch (Unlisted) | Pants (Ralph Lauren) | Shoes (Tommy Hilfiger) | Bag (Tommy Hilfiger)

Photos by: Gwyn Ruiz, Ogie Legaspina (ig: @ ogieshoots) and Lance Villacin


No comments :

Post a Comment

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs